There are many different types of videos that you can create, so we have put together a list of 12 of the most common types of videos organizations are producing now to prepare for the internet’s transition to video. Incredibly, by 2020, more than 80% of the internet will be made up of video.
TYPES OF ORGANIZATION, CORPORATE, MEDICAL & NON-PROFIT VIDEOS
- Informational Videos: One of the best ways to introduce yourself to new customers is by producing an informational video. Going behind-the-scenes is a fantastic way to give viewers a unique perspective on your brand personality and products/services. It can include messages from the CEO, other top officials and ideas from thought leaders in your industry. By showcasing your organization’s ‘personality’ and sharing your history, mission and what makes you unique, viewers can get a clear idea of what you do and what you are about.
- Testimonial Videos: One of the best ways to connect with new customers is to offer video testimonial reviews by actual customers who have used your product or service. Testimonials are becoming an important part of marketing since online shoppers want quick answers as to whether a product/service is worth buying and really lives up to its promotional claims. Testimonial videos are effective because they are like ‘word of mouth’ on steroids with the potential for thousands or even millions of viewers to hear ‘word of mouth’ recommendations when they watch your video.
- Online Commercial Videos: An online commercial differs from a television commercial (details of that below) in the sense that it is not restricted by a 30 or 60 second time limit and it doesn’t require as large of a budget. Many online commercials are affordable budget-wise and rely on excellent storytelling, which is an important key to going viral on YouTube and Facebook. Organizations and businesses are finding online commercials to be very beneficial as part of their marketing mix.
- Industry Information Videos: Aimed at audiences within a specific industry, an industry information video is designed to be informative and educational about products, services and industry trends. It can be used to get more investors on board and for business-to-business marketing, particularly at trade shows, educational conferences and corporate events.
- Education, Demonstration and Training Videos: You can accelerate your customer and staff learning curve by producing demonstration and training videos. The power of this visual medium allows people to watch the video over and over again until the information is fully understood. It’s an excellent way to clarify ‘how to’ steps. High-quality training videos that use clear communication can cut down on training expenses since they eliminate the need for repetitious instruction by your employees to train customers or new team members.
- Event Videos (both live or recorded & edited): It’s advantageous for your company to film events that document important milestones and achievements that can be shared on your website, YouTube and through social media. Event videos offer a compelling, visual way to develop an archive of events that are important to you and your organization.
- Recruiting Videos: If your goal is to attract, hire and retain great employees, a recruiting video is a perfect way to show how great it is to work for your organization. Give potential hires a ‘behind-the-scenes’ look at your corporate culture, so they can see exactly what it’s like to work as a member of your team. Film interviews with your happiest employees and capture candid, one-on-one interviews describing their favorite aspects about about working for you. This could include heartwarming or funny stories and describing challenges the company has overcome. This makes your brand seem more real and approachable; and, if you include the video with the online job application form, you’ll ultimately have a better list of applicants to choose from.
- Product Launch Videos: Gaining visibility for a product in a highly competitive market can be tough. A product launch video can give your new product a boost. Whether your new product is medical, educational or industrial, a product launch video is the most effective way to strategically introduce consumers across the world to your product & your company. This type of a film will explain to your prospective clients what the product is, how it works and why it is better than the competition or previous products in your range.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Videos: Corporate social responsibility has become a big part of many companies’ culture and ethos. Showing what initiatives your brand spearheads or takes part in is a great way to show potential clients and customers a little bit more about who you are and what you stand for. Many people take a companies’ ethics into account when choosing who to do business with, so showing what you do to make a positive difference in the world is a great way to build trust.
- Fundraising Videos: Some nonprofits make the mistake of focusing on services they provide and data details rather than success stories. The fear is that if they don’t provide all the facts and describe everything they do people won’t understand the importance of their work. The opposite is true. The best way for people to understand the importance of your good work is to experience it first hand through personal stories. If you can speak to someone’s heart, then they will be curious and become interested in the facts and information. Finding great stories and the right people to tell them is often a lot harder than collecting data, so if organizations are going to be successful at storytelling through video, it has to become part of their DNA. There has to be a collective effort to be on the lookout for great stories all the time. Ideally, it isn’t a mad dash that happens right before the annual fundraiser. It has to be a consistent effort throughout the year.
- Broadcast Commercials for Television: Although this type of video is the most expensive on the list, it can also generate the most return on investment if shown enough times on popular television channels. You should only attempt a television commercial when you have the budget to do a high-quality production and can afford to do a lot of television advertising, since repetition on a popular channel is the key to success.
- Animated Videos: There are many ways to get creative with video production that draws attention and makes you stand out from your competitors. Using digital animation is one way to stand out since most companies do not use this idea due to the fact that it is pricier than normal video production. Animation is a perfect way to help explain complex technology or products in a visual way that resonates with viewers.
The most important element within all types of video production is excellent storytelling that entertains and fully engages viewers. With Jamie Crawford’s 20+ years of experience as an award-winning journalist, telling riveting stories is our forte at Colorado Video Productions.
Note: In 2017, Jamie Crawford and ‘Colorado Video Productions’ were awarded the ‘Judge’s Choice Award’ at the ‘Lights, Camera, Take Action Film Festival’ in Fort Collins for a video that was produced for the Murphy Center that told the stories of three people experiencing homelessness in Fort Collins. To watch this award-winning video and see an example of excellent storytelling, go to: www.hereforyouvideo.com
To get started on planning your video, click here.