by Mansi Kakkar
Guest Blogger from Animate2Explain.com
Today’s tech-savvy consumers tend to invest time in understanding the usefulness and uniqueness of a product or service with videos. They want to make thoughtful decisions that are primarily based on facts, suggestions, and logic demonstrated in videos. It is worthwhile to note here that since a video includes visuals and audio, it leaves a huge presence in the mind of the audience.
One of the most critical aspects of marketing is to catch attention of the target audience. This can be a challenge, especially if the marketers are too rigid with their old-age strategies that don’t work anymore. On the other hand, smart marketers make everything super simple with the aid of Video Marketing. This extremely powerful form of marketing considerably reduces or may even completely eliminate the difficulty of catching attention of consumers.
Consumer psychology plays a significant role when it comes to advertising. In the last few yejars, video marketing has become an integral part of the overall marketing strategy for almost every successful business. How?
The world of marketing is still somehow full of boring emails, dry home pages, and lackluster landing pages. On the other hand, Video Marketing offers a richer, clearer, better, and more engaging connection with the existing and potential customers of your business. After all, it is the responsibility of every growth-oriented business to educate its consumers about the products and services and how they can benefit them. The bottom line and the golden rule — respect the time and attention of consumers. Fortunately, video marketing will help you keep your focus on it and do just that in many ways!
It’s no wonder that there has been a huge surge in the count of emotional advertisements on the internet for products and services. This is because marketers of today’s time have understood that consumers as human beings are more likely to engage with things that make them feel emotions. It is exactly the reason why more and more people are now showing no interest in reading lengthy texts or reading materials. This is exactly where that beauty of Video Marketing comes into the picture. The audience has no choice but to become mesmerized and feel captivated with the right promotional and educative message, artistry of the video message, and appropriate background music.
8 Surprising Benefits of Video Advertising
1) Video marketing is undoubtedly one of the best ways by which awareness about an existing or new product/service can be created. Explainer videos are extremely effective to help consumers learn more products and services. Animated videos that are a perfect combination of simplicity, nostalgia, and entertainment can be used to explain difficult concepts. And they work!
2) Video marketing can help you make some serious money. Since vision is the most dominant sense for us human beings, every piece of information transmitted to our brain through videos is bound to be visual. Imagine the magnitude of the effect moving pictures and audio can do to your business if pictures alone can boost engagement dramatically.
3) Videos help in building trust, loyalty, and most importantly customers! We all know that trust is the basic foundation on which sales and conversions happen. Unless your customers trust your business, they are not going to buy from you. On the contrary, they will keep revisiting your store again and again, if they trust you! The whole concept of video marketing is building and nurturing trust at all times by stopping to sell and educate consumers instead. This is obviously done by providing useful and interesting information to them, so they can find the uniqueness and benefits of your products and services.
4) Promotional videos go a long way in helping consumers get rid of the fear factor. Some consumers are still skeptical about purchasing things on the internet for the fear of being cheated. With promotional video marketing, you can create a sense of an individual approach by presenting the message in an easy and conversational form by which they can relate and trust you. No wonder, a big majority of consumers say videos gave them the confidence to purchase online.
5) Educative and engaging video content will help your business show up on the first page of a Google search. This is simply because YouTube is now owned by Google, which to a great extent indicates that video content of your business on YouTube can give a completely new and refined meaning to the search engine optimization strategies of your business.
6) Video advertising also helps in increasing the time spent by existing and potential consumers on your website. Longer exposure and presence of consumers on your website builds trust. It also signals to search engines like Google that your site is appreciated by many and has good and related content. In other words, videos can help you climb from page 4th or 5th to the first page of search engine results.
7) You can improve search engine optimization strategy of your business with videos. For this, you can simply optimize the promotional videos for SEO using interesting descriptions and titles. It is also suggested to add links back to your products, services, and website. A call to action or an offer for more assistance at your website would help consumers take the next step, quickly and confidently.
8) Video marketing can even boost employee morale and productivity like you’ve never imagined before. We all have a teacher inside us and each one of also like to share our expertise with others, video marketing helps them bring out the “hidden” treasure. Moreover, employees tend to feel a unique sense of ownership and association with the company when they are part of a company video.
2018 Video Marketing Statistics
If you think that there has just been unnecessary hype around Video marketing, it’s time for you to have a view of the following statistics:
- In 2017, 74 percent of online traffic was video content.
- Conversion rates can be increased by as much as 20 percent or more by including a video on the homepage.
- Video was rated by 62 percent of B2B marketers as an effective tactic than content marketing.
- Revenue growth is 49 percent faster for brands using video marketing than brands that don’t.
- Purchase intent is increased by 97 percent with enjoyment of video advertisements. Brand association is increased by 139 percent. (Hubspot)
- Incorporating video into emails can increase click-through rates by more than 90 percent.
- Two-thirds of agency executives and marketers are of the view that video marketing is the next trend in content marketing.
- Half of 18-34 years old (a significant majority of consumers with purchasing power) YouTube subscribers would leave what they are doing to rather view a new video by their favorite creator.
- 6 out of 10 subscribers of YouTube would prefer following the advice on what to buy from their favorite creator than following the advice of a movie or TV personality. (Google, 2017)
- 82 percent of survey respondents of Livestream prefer live videos from a brand to social posts.
- Video content is 52 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google.
- Snapchat video advertisements deliver over twice the lift in purchase intent as compared to Instagram, Television, YouTube, and Facebook video ads.
- 50 percent of marketers expressed interest to use live video services like Periscope and Facebook Live. 50 percent want to gain knowledge about live videos.
- Blog posts with video attract thrice as many inbound links as those without a video.
- Marketers across the world increased their spending on digital video and mobile advertisements by an astounding 95 percent between 2014 and 2016.
- Sponsored video content views jumped to a staggering 256 percent since 2016.
- Searches related on YouTube on “how to” grew by as much as 70 percent from 2014 to 2015.
- Videos are shared with others by 92 percent of mobile video consumers.
- Over 100 billion videos every day are viewed by Snapchat users.
- Customer testimonials (51 percent), Tutorial videos (50 percent), and Demonstration videos (49 percent) are the three top-performing types of video content.
- Users of Periscope have generated more than 200 million broadcasts.
- Video marketing is explored by 81 percent of businesses in 2018 as compared to 63 percent in 2017. Out of those, a staggering 99 percent said they will continue to embrace this versatile and profitable form of marketing in their strategy. Furthermore, 82 percent of businesses have plans to spend more on marketing with videos in 2018. This study also disclosed that a whopping 97 percent of marketers are of the view that promotional videos are extremely beneficial. They also said video marketing has helped to create and improve a better understanding among customers about their products and services. Seventy-six percent of marketers revealed that there was a big surge in traffic via video marketing. Eighty percent of marketers say that the dwell time on their website has increased dramatically with this form of marketing.
- A video of just 1 minute is worth 1.8 million words.
- Video advertisements have an average click-through rate of 1.84 percent, which is the highest among all formats of digital advertisements.
- 60 percent of both B2C and B2B marketers make use of videos for marketing.
- Online videos will be making up more than 80 percent of the entire consumer internet traffic by 2020. A million minutes of video content every second will cross the global IP networks by 2021. Live video will grow 15-fold from 2016 to 2021.
- 82 percent of users on Twitter view video content on Twitter. (INSIVIA)
- 55 percent of people worldwide view video content every day.
- 5 percent of small business owners and marketers reported getting results with video marketing.
- There are over a billion users on YouTube, which is almost one-third of all people on the internet. (YouTube)
- Every day, more than 500 million hours of video content is watched on YouTube.
- 9 percent of marketers worldwide rate video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Facebook video posts have 135 percent greater organic reach as compared to photo posts.
- 59 percent of senior executives are of the view that they prefer to watch the video version if both video and text are available.
- Email open rates are boosted by as much as 19 percent when there is mention of the word “video” in the email subject line.
- 95 percent of a message is retained by viewers when they view it in a video form, compared to just 10 percent in text form.
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared on social media platforms than any other form of content.
- Almost 50 percent of internet users search for video content associated with a product or service before they visit a store.
- 86 percent of colleges and universities have YouTube presence.
- 92 percent consumers of mobile videos share them with orders.
- Demo videos are rated helpful by 4 in 5 consumers.
- YouTube users share approximately 400 hours of new hours of new video a minute.
- 43 percent of people want marketers to post more of video content.
These must-notice video marketing statistics for 2018 clearly show the significance of video marketing, both in the present as well in the future, for your business.
Read full blog from Mansi Kakkar here: